The RAPIDE (DN,NS). A truly unique 1911 with stepped cocking serrations, slide lightening cuts for faster lock time and TiN coated barrel for extreme durability.
Equipped with Kimber Stiplex TM front strap stippling and the new G10 WavZ TM grips for extra griping confidence
The Kimber Warrior and Desert Warrior are models that are based on a special version of the Custom that was built for the United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command.
The MARSOC pistol, known as the Kimber ICQB (Interim Close Quarter Battle) pistol, does not have an internal firing pin block as seen on the rest of the current Kimber Custom models, hence a “II” does not follow the Warrior or Desert Warrior’s names. These pistols have an ambidextrous thumb safety, a lanyard loop, an internal extractor, and, in contrast to other Custom models, a standard length recoil spring guide rod to allow easier field stripping without tools.
The ICQB pistol is fitted with a screw-on Dawson Precision light rail, Novak LoMount tritium night sights, and brown Simonich Gunner grips.
The guns were delivered to MARSOC equipped with SureFire integrated military pistol lights, Gemtech TRL tactical retention lanyards, and Wilson Combat 7- or 8-round magazines.
The Warrior and Desert Warrior have a frame-integrated M1913 light rail, Kimber Meprolight tritium night sights, and Kimber’s own special grips that are very similar to the Gunner grips in coyote brown.
They are delivered with Kimber factory magazines. They are otherwise the same as the ICQB pistols.
The Warrior has a matte black KimPro finish and a standard Custom trigger. The Desert Warrior comes in a green-tan KimPro finish that would blend in with desert camouflage, and has a solid trigger.
Other Custom models RAPIDE (DN)
Other models of Kimber Custom include the following:
- Stainless II, with a frame and slide made of stainless steel, and therefore silver in color instead of matte black.
- Custom Target II, with adjustable target sights.
- Stainless Target II, with adjustable target sights and a stainless steel frame and slide.
- Royal II, with a polished blue finish and rosewood grips.
Related models RAPIDE (DN)
Kimber has also produced several higher-end full-sized model 1911 pistols that are closely based on the Custom, but are not considered part of the Custom line due to their additional features and higher price. These include the following:
- Eclipse Custom II, with bi-tone stainless and black finish and night sights.
- Tactical Custom II, with gray aluminum frame, black steel slide, night sights, ambidextrous thumb safety, and extended magazine well.
- Tactical Entry II, with gray stainless steel frame, black steel slide, night sights, ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine well and accessory mounting rail.
- Custom CDP II, with black aluminum frame, stainless steel slide, night sights, ambidextrous thumb safety, and “carry melt” rounded edges.
- Custom Covert II, with desert camouflage aluminum frame, black steel slide, laser light grips, standard length guide rod, night sights, lanyard loop, and “carry melt” rounded edges.
- SIS Custom, with gray finish, flat top slide, standard length guide rod, night sights with cocking shoulder, ambidextrous thumb safety, and “carry melt” rounded edges, and without a firing pin safety.
- Custom Crimson Carry II, with aluminum frame, matte black steel slide, and rosewood finish laser grips.
- Super Carry Custom, with aluminum frame, matte black steel slide, night sights with cocking shoulder, round heel frame, “carry melt” rounded edges, and without a firing pin safety.